It’s that time of year again. It’s time to control the weeds in your lawn.
Accent Lawn Care offers five types of weed control. Virtually all weed control methods may be classified into one of five main categories. The five general categories of weed control are:
1) Preventative Weed Control: Refers to any control method that aims to prevent weeds from being established in a residential lawn, pasture or greenhouse. An example of preventative weed control would be using certified weed-free seed.
2) Cultural weed control: Refers to any technique that involves maintaining lawn or field conditions such that weeds are less likely to become established and/or increase in number. An example of cultural weed control is maintaining good soil fertility.
3) Mechanical weed control: Refers to any technique that involves the use equipment to control weeds. The two mechanical control techniques most often used are mowing and tillage.
4) Biological weed control: Refers to any technique that involves the use of natural enemies of weed plants to control the germination of weed seeds or the spread of established plants. Examples of biological weed control include seed predators, herbivores and plant pathogens.
5) Chemical weed control: Refers to any technique that involves the application of a chemical (herbicide) to weeds or soil to control the germination or growth of the weed species. Common examples of chemicals used to control weeds in forages are 2,4-DB; EPTC; bromoxynil; and paraquat.
Receive a $ 25 Visa gift card when you order Accent Lawn Care’s Yearly Maintenance Call us at (985) 893-1928 or (504) 407-5421 or visit accentlawn.com.